It is some time since the proposed plans of the Church redevelopment were produced and circulated. Since that time, the plans have been amended - most notably to remove the wheelchair lift, which was widely seen as a costly and ineffective solution. The revised plans have now been granted planning permission by the local authority. Some computer-generated images can be seen below.
Meanwhile, two groups have begun their work: one to investigate sources of grant funding which might provide part of the project cost, and the other to generate ideas for fund-raising events and activities we can run ourselves. News from both groups will also appear here soon!
One important aspect of the work which everyone can join to help, is prayer. There will be a range of ways to participate, and the first is a prayer card. The card can be downloaded here in a form suitable for printing (4 double-sided cards), or here for passing on by email; or you can use the onscreen version below to pray right now!
Other aids to supporting the project in prayer have been suggested, including a WhatsApp group. If you use WhatsApp on your smartphone, and would like to be part of a trial group, send a text to Andrew (07563
234967) who will add you to the group. We're not sure how this will turn out yet, but it's promising so far. If you have a smartphone but don't currently use WhatsApp, you can find out more here.
Building Project prayer support
Please bring these aspects of the project to God in prayer:
- Sunday: Pray for our congregation here at Grange Methodist Church, that we may follow God’s guidance in our life together
- Monday: Pray for the Project Management group, that all work together as a team within the overall vision
- Tuesday: Pray for the building team, involved with practical issues, timescales and the planning application
- Wednesday: Pray for the local fundraising team, for those who have Jars of Thanks and for events as they are organised
- Thursday: Pray for the grants applications team, for wisdom and clarity, and for those who receive the applications
- Friday: Pray for all who currently use our building, for potential users and for the needs, fears and hopes of the whole Grange community
- Saturday: Give thanks for all progress made in whatever area of the project and for all the people involved in any way
“Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labour in vain.”
Psalm 127 verse 1
If the design document doesn't appear in a few seconds, click Refresh in your browser, or press the F5 key. The document contains plans and computer-generated pictures.
On many devices, you can see it best by clicking the chevron icon at the top right corner (ringed in the snapshot at right) & selecting Presentation Mode from the menu. Then press Esc to get back to normal mode. REMEMBER THIS...