Whether you live or work in the South Lakes or are here on holiday, we look forward to being able to welcome you once more - but in the current coronavirus crisis, we are following official advice, and as a result, there will be no services of worship in any of our churches until further notice.
If you come here often - which is great - click Refresh in your browser or press the F5 key to ensure you see all the updates.
As the situation develops, we are finding ways of sharing in worship by other methods. Many useful links can be found on the "Thoughts for Sunday" page, which is being updated frequently.
Rev. Graham Ransom is producing a weekly newsletter to everyone in the Circuit - view or download the letter here. Keep an eye on the "News" menu for other recent items.
The Circuit now has a Facebook page:
Click here to open the page in its own window.
Rev. Graham Ransom is preparing meditations on video for each week:
- Click here for this Sunday, 3 July
- Click here for last Sunday, 27 June
- Click here for Sunday 21 June - Ulverston's Anniversary service, with sermon by Chair of District, Rev. Dr. James Tebbutt
- Click here for Sunday 14 June
- Click here for Sunday 7 June
- Click here for Sunday 31 May (Pentecost) - another Agapé (Love-feast) service, so have food & drink handy
- Click here for Sunday 24 May
- Click here for Sunday 17 May
- Click here for Sunday 10 May (Christian Aid week)
- Click here for Sunday 3 May
- Click here for Sunday 26 April (Easter 3)
- Click here for Sunday 19 April (Easter 2)
- Click here for an Agapé (Love-feast) service, intended for use "as close to 6pm BST on Easter Day 2020 as you can, with a glass of water, juice or other soft drink, and a piece of cake. muffin or biscuit to hand."
- Click here for a video for Good Friday, 10 April
- Click here for a video for Maundy Thursday, 9 April
- Click here for a video for last Sunday (Palm Sunday) on Facebook
- Click here for a video from 29th March (5th Sunday in Lent)
Each Sunday at 10:30am, Grange Methodist Church will be streaming a service on Facebook. You can see the latest streamed service from Grange here. Don't worry if you have never used Facebook, just click on the picture to start the video playing. Each week, the live video stream will appear shortly before 10:30 on Sunday. There are links on the page which will take you to the recorded videos of services so far.
Churches Together in Cumbria has produced a sheet of helpful local information to support the vulnerable and isolated, and those caring for them. Click here to view or download itThe official advice offered by the Methodist Church nationally can be found here.
Meanwhile, please focus on avoiding infection and providing support and encouragement to one another by phone or digital means. Prayer for one another is a great unifying force. Some will feel able to offer practical help too - you are advised to contact a minister in this case.