Worship at home
Resources from the Connexion to enable people to worship in their own home are also available
along with other useful links:
- Special resources from Roots, who normally provide material for preachers preparing worship
- Live-streamed services from Wesley's Chapel in London, and from Swan Bank Methodist Church in Burslem
Click here for an order of service from the Vine which you can use in your own home on Sunday
Easter cross montage, prepared by Gill de Bourcier (Circuit Steward) from pictures sent in from around the Circuit - click here
Worship here and now:
A new video based around the story of Noah, entitled "BORED", has been prepared by Epsom Methodist Church, where Hannah de Bourcier (Gill's sister-in-law) works. Click here if you or your family are feeling jaded after weeks of lockdown!
- Videos prepared by Rev. Graham Ransom:
for this Sunday (will go live at 5:45pm on Sunday)
for last Sunday
for Sunday, 10 May
for Sunday, 3 May
for Sunday, 26 April
for Sunday, 19 April
for an Agapé (Love-feast) service, for use "as close to 6pm BST on Easter Day 2020 as you can, with a glass of water, juice or other soft drink, and a piece of cake. muffin or biscuit to hand."
for Good Friday, 10 April
for Maundy Thursday, 9 April
for Palm Sunday, 5 April, and for Graham's earlier videos
- Click here for a YouTube version of Rev. Graham Ransom's video from 29th March (5th Sunday in Lent)
- Deacon Maggie Patchett has also produced services for home use, with links to YouTube for hymns:
this Sunday, 24 May
last Sunday, 17 May (or click here for a shorter version)
Sunday, 10 May
Sunday, 3 May
Sunday 26 April (Easter 3)
Sunday 19 April (Easter 2)
- Orders of service produced by the URC are being supplied by Rev Lis Mullen:
For this Sunday, 24 May
For last Sunday, 17 May
For Sunday 10 May
For Sunday 3 May
For Sunday 26 April
For Sunday 19 April
- Sign up to be part of the (online) National Methodist Choir! Record your contribution, or just watch & listen - click here for full details
Each Sunday at 10:30am, and at key moments in Holy Week, Grange Methodist Church will be streaming a service on Facebook. You can go to the "Posts" section of their Facebook page here.
Don't worry if you have never used Facebook, just click on the picture
to start the video playing. When nothing is actually streaming live, you will find videos of past services which you can watch when you wish. Links to previous Grange videos on YouTube, with a live feed during the service, can be found here.
Radio 4 Longwave also broadcasts a daily service Monday to Friday at 9.45am
A service is broadcast each Sunday on Radio Cumbria at 8am. The broadcasts are available to "catch up" on BBC Sounds for up to 30 days - click here. Good if you don't fancy listening at 8am!
Note that this will play the entire 3-hour programme; the service will start about 2 hours in, so you may want to drag the pointer at the foot of the screen to find the beginning.
Recent broadcasts still available:
- Radio 4 8.10am Sunday Worship - catch up last 4 Sundays here
- BBC 1 Sunday worship - catch up last 4 Sundays here
- BBC 1 1.15pm Songs of Praise - catch up last 4 Sundays here
Back to top of page