Martyn's latest reflection:
Hello and peace be with you
Advent begins this week and we start the season thinking about whole life worship. This period of not being able to meet in person perhaps helps us consider what is important about gathering together. Our gathering (even in the best of times ) is just a small part of our week, so how can we continue to worship God with the majority of our time? Our focus comes from Paul’s letter to his friends in Rome
Romans 12:1-2 New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised
The New Life in Christ
I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of
God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable
to God, which is your spiritual worship.
2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Click on the image above to start the video playing.
Throughout Advent there will be worship on Zoom:
- Every Sunday at 7pm - reflective worship
- 19th Dec 7pm - a service of lament after a long year
- Tuesday 22nd 7pm - Carol Service
- Christmas Eve 7pm - Communion
- On Christmas day a live service from 106 as Kendal URC celebrate Christmas, and this will be via Facebook (if you don’t have Facebook don’t worry you can watch without setting anything up)
- On Boxing day at 10am we can catch up with one another in a Zoom Coffee morning
Email me for the link to follow for all these acts of worship.
May you know God’s peace and blessing to be with you in everything you do this week
Click to see all Martin's videos on Vimeo.